The Model 740Q Booster Pump Control Valve is a double chambered, hydraulically operated, diaphragm actuated active check valve that opens fully or shuts off in response to electric signals. It isolates the pump from the system during pump starting and stopping, to prevent pipeline surges.
Features and Benefits
Line pressure driven
- Independent operation
- No motor required
- Long term drip tight sealing
- Low cost wiring
- Wide ranges of pressures and voltages
- Normally Open or Normally Closed
Check feature (spring loaded type)
- Replaces line sized check valve
- Fail-safe mechanical closure
In-line serviceable – Easy maintenance
- Full powered opening (option “B”) and closing
- Non-slam opening and closing characteristic
- Protected diaphragm
Balanced seal disk – High flow capacity
Flexible design – Easy addition of hydraulic features
In this system, a pump battery supplies the main line through a manifold.
The Model 740Q, installed downstream from each pump:
Prevents surge generation rather than minimizing surge damage. Provides surge free starting and stopping of supplementary pumps. Allows surge free switching between “on-duty” pumps. Delays reaction of variable speed primary pump to single speed supplementary pump going on line or off line.