The Model 720-PD Proportional Pressure Reducing Valve is a hydraulically operated, diaphragm actuated control valve that reduces higher upstream pressure to lower downstream pressure at a fixed ratio.
Features and Benefits
Line pressure driven – Independent operation
- Most cost effective
- Simple to maintain
- Minimal external accessories
Variety of reduction ratios – Perfect mission matching
Built-in check feature – Replacing line sized check valve
In-line serviceable – Easy maintenance
- Moderated valve reaction
- Protected diaphragm
Flexible design – Easy addition of features
Semi-straight flow – Non-turbulent flow
Stainless Steel raised seat – Cavitation damage resistant
Obstacle free, full bore – Uncompromising reliability
V-Port Throttling Plug – Low flow stability
There are two major applications for the Model 720-PD Proportional Pressure Reducing Valve:
Long downhill lines:
- Systems A1 and A2 prevent the downhill line from exceeding its pressure rating.
High differential pressure systems:
- System B reduces cavitation damage and noise level by distributing the load of the high differential pressure.
- System C illustrates protecting a circulation valve from high differential pressure and resultant severe cavitation.
- System D shows protecting a level control valve from high differential pressure.